Thursday, August 11, 2016

NY Times By the Book Tag


1. What book is on your nightstand now?
My Kindle with The Art of Language Invention by David J. Peterson. I am trying to stick to reading one book at a time!!

2. What was the last truly great book that you read?
milk and honey by Rupi Kaur (I say this book ALL the time.) My thoughts about it are in Mini Review Friday // 2.

3. If you could meet any writer – dead or alive – who would it be? And what would you want to know?
I can't think of anything specific I would want to know, but I would love to meet and just talk over tea with Virginia Woolf. 

4. What books might we be surprised to find on your shelves? 
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell in the bright pink cover! It is so flashy and girly! For years me preferences were about nonfiction, adult literary fiction, and darker books.

5. How do you organize your personal library?
Before I had little rainbows, but now I can't stand it when there is a lot of wasted space above the books on the shelf. So now I separate hardcovers and paperbacks and then organize by size. I have the shelves arranged so that they fit perfectly in the shelves to create space for more shelves: I have Ikea's Billy in white. It looks more sophisticated, artsy, cool to me. 

6. What book have you always meant to read and haven’t got round to yet?
Anything you feel embarrassed never to have read?
Jane Austen and every book that is still on my TBR!

7. Disappointing, over-rated, just not good: what book did you feel you were supposed to like but didn’t? Do you remember the last book you put down without finishing? 
The Martian by Andy Weir was a let-down for me. I feel bad that I didn't like it as much as everyone else. My husband and I will be posting a jint review in the coming weeks! I rarely DNF books, but one that I just cold not handle was Belinda by Anne Rice. That book scratched at my brain the wrong way.

8. What kinds of stories are you drawn to? Any you stay clear of?
In my About Me page you will find the topics I like in books. I love books about the occult, historical fiction. I read pretty much all genres. Nothing much I stay completely clear from. Except New Adult, and even then I have one of Colleen Hoover's books on my Kindle to try. 

9. If you could require the president to read one book, what would it be? 
Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt.

10. What do you plan to read next?
Little Nothing by Marisa Silver.



The New York Times 'By the Book' Tag was originally created by Marie Berg on Youtube.

0 comments:

Post a Comment